Notice of intent to respond

The notice of intent to respond and the respondent's record are the main documents you must provide for your response to the Minister's appeal. You can provide these documents to the Minister and the Refugee Appeal Division (RAD) in person, by mail or by courier. If you have fewer than 20 pages in total, you can also provide them by fax.

In the notice of intent to respond, you must give the following information:

  • your name, your telephone number and an address where you can receive documents;
  • if you have counsel, your counsel's name, their contact information and what they have permission to do for you;
  • the unique client identifier (UCI) given to you by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC);
  • your Refugee Protection Division (RPD) file number;
  • the date of the RPD decision the Minister is appealing;
  • the official language you would like to use (English or French); and
  • if you had a designated representative at the RPD, their name and contact information, as well as information about any proposed change in representative.

What is the Minister’s address?

You must use the address of Minister's counsel shown on the notice of appeal you received from the Minister.