The following categories of items are prohibited on Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) controlled premises unless prior approval is obtained.
- Firearms – including, but not limited to, legally-acquired firearms, BB guns and stun guns.
- Blades or Sharp Objects – including, but not limited to, knives, scissors, swords (including ceremonial swords such as the Kirpan), or bladed devices of any length greater or equal to 6cm.
- Striking Devices – including, but not limited to, brass knuckles, crowbars and night sticks.
- Explosives – including, but no limited to, ammunition, dynamite and fireworks.
- Flammable Items – including, but not limited to, aerosol sprays, fuels.
- Chemicals and Other Dangerous Items – including, but not limited to, compressed gas cylinders, mace, pepper spray, spray paint.
- Noxious or Poisonous Substances
If you require further clarification or wish to seek approval to bring a prohibited item onto IRB controlled premises, please contact the IRB’s Security Services.