How to file a complaint against an IRB member

​​​​​Anyone may file a complaint against an Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) member about conduct that is believed to be contrary to the Code of Conduct for Members of the IRB.

For more information, see the Procedures for Making a Complaint about a Member.

A complaint about the conduct of a member must be made in writing to the ​Office of the Ombudsperson by mail to this address:

Office of the Ombudsperson​
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
Minto Place, Canada Building
344 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0K1

A complaint can also be made to the Office of the Ombudsperson by email​.

Please note that a Complaint Form is available to assist with this process. However, a complaint may be made without using that form.

Further to the IRB's commitment under Section 9. of the Procedures, every year the IRB will publish a report of all complaints over the previous year on its website.